Fearless Tour 2009: Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler, & Gloriana

Thursday, June 18, 2009 0 comments
Around 2 pm last Thursday, Caleb, Anna, and I set out for Merriweather Post Pavillion.


We were meeting Emily, Sarah, Mike, Ian, & Diana there to see Taylor Swift (one of our favorites)!


I am not kidding when I say I had been anticipating this concert since January or February when I found out she was coming to Maryland. I got tickets as soon as they went to presale (ok, I was 9 hours too late to get pavillion seats, but that's not my fault - I was away). That's how much I was looking forward to seeing her.

It didn't even matter that I had to wait 2 hours outside the gate before they even opened and then another 1 1/2 for the concert to start.


It didn't matter that we basically sat in a giant mud pit. That was disgusting! Poor Anna slipped and fell almost as soon as we sat on the grass. However, once you got used to it (and pretended there was no putrid smell and that mud was covering your butt and feet) - it wasn't so bad.

We sat through Gloriana (they were just "ok", in my opinion - they could get better) ...

and Kellie Pickler (which I didn't mind, because I love her as well, and I wish she'd sang longer).


Then, it was time for Taylor Swift!!!

So much excitement!

Let me tell you - the wait was soooo worth it! It was everything I'd been hoping for and hearing it would be. She puts on an AmAzInG show! Taylor sang for 2 1/2 hours - singing every song she's put on her cds except for maybe 6 of them. At one point, she came onto a platform over the lawn seats (where we were sitting). So close! We could have gone closer, but didn't want to move because of the mud. That would not have been good!
"When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think my favorite song..."

After 10 minutes of a standing ovation (seriously, she even cried), she came out to sing "Love Story" (one of my favorites!).

At the end of the song, she took off the red dress and had a wedding dress underneath.


If I remember correctly, her very last song was "Should've Said 'No'." And, honestly, it was the best song of the evening. Which was perfect as it was part of the encore. Take a peek:

And the rain came down

It was one of the best and most exciting nights of my life (is that good or lame? I'm not sure) and definitely the best concert I've ever seen (and I've been to quite a few). She is (or, at least, seems to be) very humble and down-to-earth. The stories she told were very relatable and she easily connected with the crowd. By the end of the evening, you really felt like you were one of her friends and like you knew her. So, all-in-all, it was a great and fun evening. I think we all loved it! I'd see her again in a second.

0 comments:

Post a Comment