Are You Sensing a Pattern Yet?

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1 comments
As you may have read in previous blog posts, something that I've been thinking a lot about lately is worship. It also helps that many of my devotions have either intentionally or unintentionally been about worship. Think God is trying to tell me something?

About a year ago, I decided to start reading through the New Testament (yes, it's taken me that long and I'm STILL not done). I'm now "tackling" Revelation, which I've never read before. It's always intimidated me and, often, it's controversial. I haven't really understood or been able to grasp it. Anyway, a few weeks back - this stood out to me:

Revelation 4:9-11 (The Message)
Every time the Animals gave glory and honor and thanks to the One seated on the Throne - the age-after-age Living One - the Twenty-four Elders would fall prostrate before the One seated on the Throne. They worshipped the age-after-age Living One. They threw their crowns at the foot of the Throne, chanting,
"Worthy, O Master! Yes, our God! Take the glory! The honor! The power! You created it all; it was created because You wanted it."

This was (so far) one of the few things I could picture in my head. Or, at least, what I imagine it would be like. It was easy to put myself there. I find so much amazement in the line "they threw their crowns at the foot of the Throne." Do I do that? Do I leave my selfishness behind when I go before God? Do I give up myself when I approach Him? Simply put - NO. I don't and that's where the problem lies. None of us can truly worship God until we've cast aside our "crowns."

How often, when I come before God, do I fall down at His feet and truly (TRULY) worship and adore Him? As I said before, I often think it's all about me and "skip" or "gloss over" that part - just so I can spill my problems.

Father,
Forgive me for not giving You all the glory and honor that You deserve. Please, help me to realize all You've done for me and in me. Allow me to see Your glory. Open my eyes to You. Forgive me for being so "me, me, me" all the time. Work in my heart, Lord. Allow me to see Your glory, Your honor, and Your beauty.
In Jesus' name, Amen

I'm sorry if I've been a bit redundant lately. But it's something I'm struggling with in myself and I'm trying to work through it... I should be flat on my face before Him but I'm not.


1 comments:

Post a Comment