My Hope is Found in You ~ You Will Never Let Me Go

Sunday, March 22, 2009 0 comments
I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I did add a song to my blog earlier last week (aren't you proud of me?!?). Currently, it's my favorite song and it means a lot to me. It's called "Clinging to the Cross" and the version I have is sung by Bethany Dillon & Matt Hammitt, but I believe Tim Hughes and Martin Smith wrote it. I'm not going to lie - the first time I heard it, I just broke down in tears. Yes, I know, it doesn't take much to reduce me into a sobbing heap. This song just means so much to me. I'll let you read the lyrics for yourself:

My soul is weak
My heart is numb
I cannot see
But still my hope is found in You
I'll hold on tightly
You will never let me go


For Jesus, You will never fail
Jesus, You will never fail
Simply to the cross I cling
Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy's found a way for me
Hope is here as I am free
Jesus, You are all I need
Clinging to the cross


Even darkness is as light to You, my Lord
So light the way and lead me home
To that place where every tear is wiped away


For Jesus, You will never fail
Jesus, You will never fail
Simply to the cross I cling
Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy's found a way for me
Hope is here as I am free
Jesus, You are all I need
Clinging to the cross

What a Saviour,
What a story
You were crucified
But now You are alive
So amazing,
Such a mystery
You were crucified
But now You are alive


Simply to the cross I cling
Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy's found a way for me
Hope is here as I am free
Jesus, You are all I need
Clinging to the cross


Isn't that just amazingly breathtaking? I have no words to even describe it. Too often, I forget to even consider what Christ has done for me. I wonder if I will ever stop taking it for granted. God is working in my life every day - even when I can't feel Him or see Him. When I feel like He isn't there and/or couldn't possibly care about what is happening in my life. We need to cling to the Cross - cling to Him.

This song came to me at a time when I was beaten down, bruised, and completely and utterly burnt out - with nowhere to turn and (seemingly) no one to understand. But, this song reminded me that there is hope, there is mercy, and most importantly, there is redemption. The things on this earth are nothing compared to what Christ did on that Cross and who I am in Him. I do such a horrible job of remembering this.

Anyway, I hope this song means something to someone the way it means so much to me. I'll leave you with these verses:


We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
For one who has died has been set free from sin.
Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him.
We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over Him.
For the death He died He died to sin, once for all, but the life He lives He lives to God.
So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

~*~ Romans 6:6-11 (ESV) ~*~




0 comments:

Post a Comment