These are Going to Easily Become My "Go-To" Meals

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3 comments
Since I've become busy again (when did that happen?) - I just decided to do a quick meal this week...

I made a couple of Chicken Pot Pies a few weeks ago, and froze one for my family. I typically don't like oot pie, but while Tiffany was in the hospital Caitlin and I made a meal for her family. Chicken Pot Pie is one of their favorites and this one was so easy - she made it herself (minus cutting up the "gross" raw chicken). For my family, I add hot sauce and other spices because we like things with a lot of flavor and heat. It is now one of my favorite things to make (I can pretty much do it without the recipe) - and, so far, everyone has liked it (at least, that's what they say). However, one pan barely serves 5 people - just a warning if you're making it for a bigger family and/or expect leftovers.




I usually don't know what to serve with Chicken Pot Pie, but Shawn raved about the broccoli that Bill made for the Mother/Son Banquet with Batallion. So, I decided to make it - just to see what was making him eat broccoli (hehe!). The broccoli was sooo easy and I'm going to be making it a lot - it's cheap, easy and quick to make, and I'm now addicted to it (weird). Hopefully, Shawn won't get tired of it :) Here's the recipe:


Cut broccoli into florets. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven at 500 degrees for about 10 or 12 min. They should start to brown on the edges. Place in a bowl and add a little Balsamic Vinegar. Serve and enjoy.





Then, for "dessert" I made these Oatmeal Brownies from Betty Crocker. They're really good - and different from typical brownies. Plus, they're easy because you use a box mix for the brownie part.



So, this week was pretty easy. Maybe next week I'll get to cook more. I haven't found more recipes to try yet. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  • Davesgirl said...

    Wow! Awesome! I will definitely try that broccoli- I get a huge bag of it at Costco every other week, and we eat it a lot. I'll try to think of some recipes- plus I have tons of BC recipe booklets if you want to borrow some- they are tried and true and tasty.

  • Tara-- said...

    Yum...I'll have to try that broccoli. We usually just steam it, but it'll be nice to have a little variety. And that Chicken pot pie was delicious!

Post a Comment