Pray Continually ~ Libya

Friday, July 8, 2011 4 comments
A couple months ago Pastor included a prayer calendar in the bulletin. However, in addition to the church prayer calendar, this was to remind us to pray for different countries around the world. To raise awareness for countries who don't have the same freedoms we do.

So, in my efforts to be more aware of what is going on in the world (as well as to "recharge" my prayer life), I figured I would research the countries and find more information on what is happening. I think this is very important. The world doesn't revolve around me or you - compared to other Christians, we have it pretty easy. I need to be reminded of how blessed I am to live where I do and to have the life I do.

Today's country is Libya. Libya's ruler is Muammar al-Qadhafi. In an attempt to keep the peace in his country, he has tried to keep the Muslims happy. 96% of Libyans are Muslim while only 3% are Christians. While Christianity hasn't been outlawed, they aren't allowed the same freedoms as Muslims and much has to be done in secret. Only 1 church is allowed in each city and evangelizing just is not allowed.

Right now, a war is going on Libya and many Christians are forced to leave their country because of it. Many Christians have been tortured for their beliefs and for leaving the Islam religion.

Pray that the war in Libya will end soon. That belief in Christ will grow. That the Christians that are living there now will not give up and will not waver in their faith. That they will one day be allowed the same freedoms we have here in America.

4 comments:

  • Unknown said...

    great post! we must keep those countries that are in turmoil in our daily thoughts&prayers!hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I also have a LIMITED edition giclee print giveaway by the amazing Lark Calderon Gomez!

  • Natalia said...

    Lovely blog... it's awesome that your username has Proverbs 31:30 in it -- it's one of my favorite verses.
    Thank you for the encouraging comment on my blog, it made my day!
    If you wouldn't mind, could I have the link to your niece's blog? I'd love to take a look!

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Natalia

Post a Comment