"Merry Christmas" by Third Day

Monday, December 13, 2010 0 comments
Lately I have been completely obsessed with my Pandora Christmas stations. Ask Shawn - I've been playing them quite often since the day after Thanksgiving (one should never start listening to Christmas music before that, just sayin').

The other night I stumbled upon the song "Merry Christmas" by Third Day. Now, I'm not a huge Third Day fan, so I guess that would explain why I never came across it before. But, it's a beautiful song about an adopting family waiting for their orphaned daughter who lives in China.

Lately I've been hearing a lot about adoption from my sister-in-law, Tiffany, and friends, Dan & Wendy. Plus, Shawn & I have always (if you count before we got married) planned on adopting one day. So, of course, this song hit really close to home and, honestly, moved me to tears. I know - that's not very hard to do. I'm assuming it was written by a member of the band who recently adopted. It's simple, but so beautiful. A family's yearning for a new child that will soon be joining their family an their anticipation of that day.

I can't wait to meet my new nieces and nephew and a new little friend. I can't wait until the day (Lord willing) that Shawn & I get to bring a child who so badly needs a family into our home. One day...

Watch the video here

0 comments:

Post a Comment