Christmas Eve

Friday, December 24, 2010 0 comments
Well, it's Christmas Eve again. And, i'm alone again. Just like last year and just like i most likely will be next year. It's hard on holidays when he works - especially when it's overnights. I don't get to see Shawn at all and everyone is busy with their family. The Christmas Eve service at church is hard. It's hard to see all my friends and family not being alone. I just leave and go home to the dog and an empty house.

This year is better, though. I guess I've just resigned myself to the fact that I have to get used to this. It's always how it will be. At least Shawn has a job - that's more than a lot of people can say right now. Being alone has given me time to think about all the people that are hurting this year. I have friends who have lost babies, Shawn works with a woman whose son died in a surfing accident in October, friends who have lost parents, etc. Others around us are homeless, won't get to spend the holidays with any family at all, and still others may not even get the Christmas that I will have tomorrow.

So, it's not so bad. I'm trying to be thankful... As I said, Shawn has a job, we have a warm house, at least Libby is here with me (even if she causes me trouble), I'll get to see my family tomorrow, and I did get to celebrate the birth of Jesus with my church. And, of course, I'm thankful for the birth of Jesus (even if He most likely wasn't born on December 25)...

0 comments:

Post a Comment