Sacred Decorum

Thursday, September 30, 2010 0 comments
So, I started reading Set Apart Feminity by Leslie Ludy a few weeks ago and I am halfway through. Even at 25 I have gotten a lot out of it. Yes, much of it is what I "already knew" or had "already heard," but it's still a good read. And worthwhile. We're reading it in Bible study (well, we're supposed to be, but that's another post altogether) and I fully recommend it to any mother with a teenage daughter. Leslie Ludy puts things plainly and doesn't usually mince her words. It's easy to read, but still impactful and interesting.

I have a lot of thoughts swimming through my head right now (including a lot of conviction), but here's what stood out to me tonight:

Jesus says, "Rise up, my love, my fair one and come away." He asks you to come out from the world and be separate and touch not the unclean thing. Make no reserves. Come altogether away from selfishness - from anything which would divide your chaste and pure love to Christ - your soul's Husband. Come away from your old habits. Avoid the very appearance of evil. Come away from old friendships which may tempt you back to the flesh pots of Egypt. Leave all these things. Come away to private communion. Come away, shut the doors of your chamber and talk with your Lord Jesus and have close and intimate dealing with Him. Oh, take care that you begin aright by coming right away from the world, by making your dedication perfect, complete, unreserved, sincere, spotless.

~ Charles Spurgeon ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment