Day 1 of Remodeling

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 0 comments
Monday morning at 12 pm, Shawn and I officially became homeowners! It's a little scary, but right now - I am so excited. I think shawn even is, too - and, trust me, that's hard :P
I absolutely LOVE the house and I can't wait to make it ours. This is what we did on Day 1...
Shawn, my parents, Matty, & I each filled up our cars and took a lot of our shower gifts, etc. over to the house. The storage room is almost full and I really am dying to get that sorted out. Tiffany, Cait, Grant, Jake, & Quinn came over to help. We got the kitchen halfway cleaned and covered all 3 bathrooms (the 3rd one was gross). At one point, I walked into the living room and this is what I saw:



The living room being painted!!!
It literally took an hour for the walls to get painted. Amazing - I couldn't believe it! Shawn had planned on doing it, but I really didn't have any faith that it would get done. Now, it just needs a second coat and the trim has to be done. But, that won't take as long now that everything is taped. I love the color! It's going to be beautiful - I just hope I can decorate well.
Later that night, Eric, Tara, Mason, Clark, Reid, Saige, and Shawn's parents came over to see the house and to hang out. So, that was a welcome break. After they left, I finished putting a few things away and scrubbed the basement.
It feels good to have a relatively clean house. I just need to finish the kitchen and clean the bedrooms upstairs. I know I'll have to clean it again before we move in, but it just makes me feel more able to relax. I know Shawn thinks I'm crazy, but I can live with that.
Thanks to everyone who came! It really means a lot to us! And, y'all can come over whenever - we're going to be in and out a lot...

0 comments:

Post a Comment