Power of Prayer

Friday, October 29, 2010 0 comments
"There is no power like that of prevailing prayer - of Abraham pleading for Sodom, Jacob wrestling in the stillness of the night, Moses standing in the breach, Hannah intoxicated with sorrow, David heartbroken with remorse and grief, Jesus in sweat of blood. Such prayer prevails. It turns ordinary mortals into men of power. It brings power. It brings fire. It brings rain. It brings life. It brings God."
~ Samuel Chadwick ~

Love, love, LOVE this quote I stumbled upon while reading our Bible study book today! I struggle with prayer - with making the time, with remembering and/or caring to actually do it, with finding the words (though, I've found writing my prayers in a journal really helps), with staying focused, with my selfishness in not getting the answers I want when I want them .

This is why I need to pray: IT BRINGS GOD!

0 comments:

Post a Comment