Disney World 2012

Sunday, May 20, 2012 0 comments
Well, I'd say the trip to Disney World was a success all around...  I made it through the week!!!

After the first night at Downtown Disney (only about 4 hours), I was having serious doubts about whether I could keep up with the pace.  Already my back was hurting, I was ridiculously sweaty, and my feet were achy.  I know it's really pathetic, but I was practically in tears.  Obviously, there was no going back.

Except because of God, I have no idea how I made it through days that went from 7:30 am to 12:30 am.  It's the most active I have been since I found out I was having a baby.  It was also -thank God - the best I have felt since I was about 6 weeks along.  No sickness at all and I had plenty of energy.  My feet did swell to an embarrassing size and I felt like I couldn't walk another step, but every morning I woke up completely ready to go.  It was awesome!

I couldn't go on a lot of the rides, but it worked out perfectly because usually a few of the seniors chose not to ride as well. Shawn and I had some good opportunities to sit and talk to them, so that turned out to be a real blessing.

The worship times and devotion times were great - and it was really encouraging to hear what they had to say.  They're really a good group of kids.  Yes, they don't have the best backgrounds and no, they're not all Christians - but I am going to keep praying that God worked in their hearts while we were there.




0 comments:

Post a Comment