It's been a few months - time for another trip!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 1 comments

I love going places - especially now that I'm married. As I'm sure I've said before, with Shawn's schedule, it really seems like weeks can go by without any real time spent together. And, if he's not working - I often am, or we have something at church. So, we've been trying to get away every few months - if only just for a night or two. So far we have been blessed with the money and the time to get away. I look forward to it every time - especially the planning. What can I say? It's just something I enjoy and it helps to pass the time. But this getaway? We have to pay no money and we had to do no planning...

We're going to DISNEY WORLD with Open Bible's senior class. I know, not quite "alone time," but that's ok. It's a trip where he won't get called into work and where we can have days together. And, chances are, we'll get some time to talk - even if it is in our room at night. More than we've had the past 2 weeks.

I know to some it's not the ideal trip. I wouldn't say it is to us either, but we (ok, I) were having a hard time trying to figure out what to do for our first anniversary and this basically solved the problem for us (Bahamas, anyone). I am a little apprehensive, though. Neither of us really knows any of the people in the class. Vaguely, but not really. We've heard kind of a mix of what they are like, so we really don't know what to expect. I know a lot isn't expected of us - aside from making sure they don't kill each other - which is probably good. But, I still want to make some kind of impact. I don't want them to like hate me. No, I'm not looking for their approval. Really. I couldn't care less. Chances are - we'll probably never see many of them again. I just want to know I did my best with what I had.

I feel like so many teenagers right now couldn't care less about God or what He thinks of what they're doing with their time and showing in their actions. So, I feel like I want to just do something. So, pray for us as we go away. I'm not expecting much. And, it's not like I'm going to walk around preaching. I don't do well with things like that. I'm much better with one-on-one type stuff. I just think it's a good opportunity.

And, I know I'm not making much sense - I have a lot of things to get finished up and I'm probably forgetting something...

1 comments:

  • Tara-- said...

    Have a wonderful time! I know you will. I am thrilled that you guys are getting to go. What a blessing! I'll be praying for you as you minister to the teens. Make sure you bring Eric back a Dole Whip. :) oh, and have Shawn eat a Turkey Leg in the Liberty Square area. Why is it always about the food?! LOL Seriously, have an amazing trip...I can't wait to see the pictures.

Post a Comment